Does anyone use Prevx1 along with Rollback Rx/EAZFix

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by sukarof, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

As the title says. I am a bit curious since I can not install Rollback Rx all of a sudden (RB cant update MBR after installation)
    I have installed Rollback Rx before without problems, and it just hit me if Prevx1 for some reason could have anything to do with it. I thought I might ask first before I restore to an older image without Prevx1 to see what happens.

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Have you tried with PREVX disabled? I sometimes stop Defencewall successfully installing a driver on my machine?

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I used both but in my case I had installed Prevx later ( after EAZ-FIX) and found no problems.

4. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I did some cleaning of my USB drive earlier and noticed I didn't have a image without Prevx1 so I uninstalled Prevx1 and other security apps (except Comodo with only network monitor on and Drweb Antivirus)
    but no go :(

I did use Registry mechanic to clean out the registry, after that Rollback Rx installed without the error message about failing to update MBR (or maybe it was that I told the RB installer that this was a multiboot system this time, even if it isn't ).
    I rebooted (I didn't get any notification from Rollback Rx installer to reboot...hmm.) but rollback tray icon was gray and got killed after a couple seconds after reboot. When I tried to start Rollback from start meny I got the message that Rollback Rx was uninstalled!?.

Ah well maybe it is the latest Rollback version having problems, because with earlier versions I have not had any problems installing it in different configurations. I will try to find the earlier version and see if it still work...

It is good to know that Rollback Rx and Prevx1 don't have any known comparability problems. It gives me hope that I can use Rollback Rx in the future :)

5. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

You restored an image that had Rollback already installed? This might be the cause unless I misunderstood you.

Thanks,

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.