Does anyone know how to play taps?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by n8chavez, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Actually you can get the number of missed samples 08-2006 without DOS by F-Prot 6 from the place my picture shows in the official Av-Comparatives site. As a summary, F-Prot 6 Beta missed about the same amount as Avast 4.7 Pro in 08-2006 test, but overall, Norman, Avast, F-Prot 6 and DrWeb scored quite close each other against samples added AFTER the 08-2006 Av-Comparatives test.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

That it was and my reply was a poke at some humour. Just couldn't resist after you threw in a comment about some, well let's just call it ale? :cool:

I especially like these statements and would expect nothing less from a dedicated AV developer like DrWeb

I have no problem with any AV's filling in a necessary void of their limitations or even adding some HIPS features, my problem is always been instability from most the top AV's (free versions mostly).

I'm glad though that someone can produce some positives about DrWEB because i don't think you can just write them off.

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

well im always here to give some good points on dr.web,

*hence my new cool avatar which i decided to change today* :D

but what i dont like .... is they completly suck a$$ at marketing. :eek:

4. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I was disgruntled at Dr Web's last preformance on the av-comparatives test but let's assume, as many have suggested, that those tests are irrelevant and should not be used as a determining factor. I have other concerns regarding Dr Web. It wasn't too long ago that Dr Web nearly went out of business, was it? That also might be why they do not have enough analyists; if they have no money they cannot pay their emplyees. Also, what would happen if I bought another 2 year license and they did go under...I'd be screwed.

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

I would not say that these tests are irrelevant. They show us how much work is done in AV engines, virus lab, software coding, etc.
    Detection rates are really irrelevant for most of Wilders members who have at least a minimum of security education/understanding. We rely on more powerful security: imaging/backups, router, common sense, hardening, firewalls, HIPS, sandboxes, alternative software (Firefox, Opera, Thunderbird, etc), etc.
    However, there are quite a bunch of people who may benefit from high detection rates and/or heuristics.
    Agreed and IBK repeats this in his reports. GUI, ease of use, stability, speed, pacific coexistence with other software, price, license terms, support are the others items which should not be overlooked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.