Does any Acronis version support this??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Klefisch, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klefisch

Klefisch Registered Member

Hi,
    I have decided to enhance my boot partition safety with Acronis.
    But the following questions are still open:

1. Does Acronis support the following hardware?
    Boot Partition is a RAID5 located on a LSI MegaRAID SAS 8308ELP.
    There are 4x SATA2 disks connected to this controller.

The boot partition should be saved to an external drive connected via
    eSATA. I have an Asus P5B Deluxe mainboard with Intel P965 chipset and a
    JMicron onboard SATA controller.

Because I have not bought the external drive yet I cannot check if it works with a trial version.

2. Does Acronis True Image Home v10 my OS?
    I use Windows Server 2003 R2 32bit as OS.
    If not which is the cheapest version which fulfils my needs.

Thank you for your support!
    Klefisch

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  2. Klefisch

Klefisch Registered Member

Isn't anybody out there how could kindly answer my questions??
    I am absolutely not familiar with Acronis and only want to check if it fulfils my needs.

So please could someone explain if there is an Acronis version which supports
    my RAID Controllers and the eSATA thing!

Kind regards,
    Klefisch

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Klefisch,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the standalone version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home build 4871 does not provide support for Intel's Core 2 Duo (Intel® 965 Express Chipset). However, please note that we are going to include the appropriate drivers into the future builds of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not decided yet. At this moment I would recommend that you collect the information requested in this post and submit a request for technical support, attach all the collected files and information to your request and we will create a special ISO image of the Acronis True Image Bootable CD that works on your particular hardware configuration.

A possible workaround is to use a BartPE-based bootable CD created using Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE and allowing one to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment loading the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in the computer at startup.

Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE comes with the Acronis True Image installation and can be found in the
    \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE folder.

Acronis True Image 10.0 Home fully supports RAID configurations (including RAID 0,1,5, etc.) even while booted from Bootable Rescue media. The standalone version of Acronis True Image uses embedded Linux drivers for RAID arrays.

When Acronis True Image is running under Windows, it works with all the hard disk drivers detected by the operating system. If Acronis True Image is running in rescue mode (e.g. to restore the system partition), then it provides support for all hardware RAID controllers. Should you experience a problem with your RAID controller when accessing from rescue mode, please provide us with the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller you use, create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request and we will help you solve the problem.

Acronis True Image 10.0 Home does not support server type operating systems. The solution which does support server type operating systems is Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows to see how the software works on your computer.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.