Does Acronis True Image Write and Restore Raid 0 on a Stand-alone Home PC?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by monkey_man, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkey_man

monkey_man Registered Member

I have 2 x WD 120 Gb SATA in Raid 0 (C:\); ASUS board with onboard Promise Raid 0; AMD 3200 with 1 GB memory. I also have a 3rd WD 120 Gb SATA as a data drive (F:\). and both CD and DVD burners.

I would like to take snapshots of the RAID 0 and write them to F:\. Ghost 9.0 cannot do this, and in fact overwrote F:\ (I am returning Ghost 9.0 -- FileScavenger 3.0 saved the day!). Any help is appreciated.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi monkey_man,

It will help to obtain a more meaningful answer if you advised the Model Number of your Asus motherboard and Part Number of the Promise RAID chipset.

Regards

3. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Yes you can create backup images of your RAID-0 and store them on your f: drive. You can either store the images within the f: partition or you can create a SecureZone on the same drive. SecureZone is a 'hidden' partition.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi there pjb024,

Sure, the RAID 0 array can be imaged under Windows. However, can the image be restored to the RAID 0 array i.e. after booting from the Acronis rescue CD (one isn't much good without the other!)?

Hence the reason for my statement at #2 above.

Regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello monkey_man,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, Acronis True Image 8.0 supports all levels of RAID arrays along with the wide variety of modern RAID controllers.

I recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 to see how the software works on your particular hardware configuration.

Please create Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see how Acronis True Image 8.0 recognizes your RAID array.

If you will be satisfied with the work of the trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

If there will be any problems recognizing your RAID array then please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of the program. You can also try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also do the following:

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once again and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy;
    - Rename the report created from under Windows to report_win.txt and report created using the bootabale floppy to report_diskette.txt.

Send all the collected files to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.