Does "Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server" include both (BACKUP +IMAGING) SOFTWA

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by prashanthchou, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prashanthchou

prashanthchou Registered Member

I am completely new the imaging stuff, since all these year we were using some regular backup software to backup some of the files on our server.

We were backing up server(Domain server, Exchange + File Server ) using Veritas backup.

I wanted to look into this imaging thing as well, I guess backup and imaging are two different things, need some answers .

1) Does "Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server" include both
    (BACKUP + IMAGING) SOFTWARE ?

2) Does Acronis 9.1 enterprise allow me to restore individual files from the
    image backup ?

a) Flat files
    b) Database files
    c) Restore an exchange mail box

3) Which is recommened backup or imaging ? usually how do companies have thing setup ? small business with 50 users ?

--thanks
    Prashanth

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

1) YES
    2) a. YES
    2) b. YES
    2) c. No but you can use Ontrack Powercontrols to do this from a mounted image

3) With TrueImage your Image is you Backup. Best is to buy A cheap LACIE teradisk and make you images to there. Use full+incrementals.. with one of the image consolidation scripts that hang out here. Then backup the image from Teradisk to Tape (D2D2T = Disk 2 Disk 2 Tape)

3. prashanthchou

prashanthchou Registered Member

Re: Does "Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server" include both (BACKUP +IMAGING) SO

Thanks for the reply.

So if I use the Acronis 9.1 True image enterprise server with Universal restore, then I can get rid of the Veritas backup software what i have.

I can use this ACronis for Imaging .

1) Do I need to still take a regular backup, apart from the imaging ?

4. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Use Ontrack Powercontrols for you Bricklevel.

You can Image to tape if you want. Otherwise use nt backup for backing up images to tape if you dont use a tapeloader.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello prashanthchou,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

In addition to Jeremy's reply, I would also like to mention that in general Acronis True Image provides you with two different backup approaches:

- Disk\partition imaging

Backup is being created on a sector level saving sectors of the hard drive along with the information about hard drive geometry, etc.

- File-based backup

Backup is being created on a file\folder level saving files and folders.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows FAQ page helpful.

We also recommend that you download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows to see how the software works on your particular software\hardware configuration.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.