Does Acronis Multicast, and is it better than Powercast

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Danny0, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny0

Danny0 Guest

As it is right now i use a program called Powercast to make or cast images to computers.

I work in a shool so we image a classroom (typical 18-20 pc's) at a time with different images.
    this is done by multicasting the image so it wont have to send the image file more than once. and all the computers will be done approx. the same time.

However we are now running into some problems with drivers for different ethernet adapters, and want to upgrade our system.

Now here is my question. Can Acronis do all of the above or will i be stuck with powercast?

Cincerely
    Danny - Sysadmin

2. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Hi Danny,

The Acronis product for your application is Acronis Snap Deploy. It will build your images and then deploy them via multicast to multiple computers.

I know of several schools which use Snap Deploy successfully, particularly when all PCs in a classroom have the same hardware.:cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Danny0,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

I would agree with Ozmaniac and recommend you to use Acronis Snap Deploy for your purposes.

Please read more about Acronis Snap Deploy features here.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis Snap Deploy in the respective User's Guide.

The free trial version of Acronis Snap Deploy is available at this page.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Danny0

Danny0 Guest

I will just be looking at how the trial version of Acronis Snap Deploy works.
    and read the user guide

Thanks alot for your posts and answers

Cincerely
    Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.