does a 'crack' ALWAYS contain a virus?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by xTiNcTion, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi,

many computers i've seen for repair have a folder with various cracks. Backup files and scan for viruses... but it is not common find a virus in a crack o_O
    i use that single-file online virus scanners (e.g KAV, RAV, VirusTotal) and nothing is found

of course 'many' times i've found viruses but is not as usual as i expected.

are crack becoming safer or antivirus not detecting...? :)

2. +--+-++-

+--+-++- Guest

3. --.-.--

--.-.-- Guest

It depends: cracks are usually not infected by the developers of the cracks (the crackers). Sometimes, however, the people who make cracks available for download (the hosters) infect them with an additional trojan or spyware component etc. The same applies to cracks spread via filesharing networks. Therefore, it is dangerous to use cracks unless you know what you do. (It goes without saying that the use of cracks may also be illegal.)

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

It goes without saying that the use of cracks is an act of stealing, and therefor ANY user who uses a crack is a THIEF !!!

Can we now stop talking about all this crap !!!

This board was never meant to be a discussion board about cracks !
    I can tell you, I was here from day one.

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Frankly, I have to agree with Jan on this. This forum's position is that using cracks is illegal - period. We would never condone their use under any circumstances, even if someone feels justified because they bought and then somehow lost their license, or anything else like that.

Whether cracks contain some form of malware or not is a question for another online forum - not Wilders. This thread is closed, and this topic will not be discussed here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.