Doctor Web releases single-user Dr.Web solutions supporting 64-bit versions of Window

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SergM, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Doctor Web releases single-user Dr.Web solutions supporting 64-bit versions of Windows

December 23, 2009

The Russian anti-virus vendor Doctor Web announced the release of its single-user solutions for Windows supporting the x64 architecture. The software products come to users with the refined SpIDer Guard resident monitor, a number of additional features and the new look and feel.

features of the latest operating systems from Microsoft. The new mini-filter technology improves compatibility of SpIDer Guard with operating systems and third-party applications. Improved interaction between SpIDer Guard and the anti-virus engine contributed to increased scanning efficiency and more stable operation of the file monitor.

Other components of anti-virus software have also been improved.

The self-protection module maintaining security of components of an anti-virus run under Windows Vista SP1 64 and later has been upgraded.

Dr.Web solutions for workstations also feature a centralized quarantine and quarantine management tools. The Infected! folder has been replaced with a secure storage that supports encryption, logging and data backup. The special graphical interface allows users to control quarantined objects.

The updated e-mail monitor SpIDer Mail know working directly over the Scan Engine module has become faster and more efficient.

Now the anti-virus can also block launching of unknown malicious programs from removable data storage device that can be started using autorun.inf – the technique used by many viruses including Win32.HLLW.Shadow.based.

The look and feel of the anti-virus has also changed – now users can enjoy the freshly designed user interface. Developers also optimized the configuration process. In particular the log settings can now be configured much quicker using a slider.

http://news.drweb.com/show/?i=786&c=5&lng=en

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

The interface still look like its from the 90's ? Just curious. :)

3. SergM

SergM Registered Member

You wish to look at the interface or qualitatively to counteract viruses?
    P.S. There will be still a Control centre and the new interface. Not now.

4. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Why not both. Other company's can do it why not Web. Or is this just to hard for them ?

5. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Company Dr. Web makes the rate on technologies and quality, not on PR for housewives.

6. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Rofl yep that quality shows though with the GUI let me tell you. Let me know when they get out of visual basic. Then again maybe Windows 98 is popular where they live. Also lets take a look at that technology Ok lets pull up some tests... O wait they pulled out of all of them got sick of visiting Norman AV.

Ether way this conversation is just going down hill so lets stop why we can :) I was just curious anyhow.

7. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

Off-topic: Fajo, please stop acting like a forum troll, very unnecessary

On-topic: Nice to see they finally support x64 systems, a very important step since most people nowadays move to 64-bit.

8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I'm sorry my post was on topic. New version released I asked about the GUI. If you don't like my comments on the matter guess that sucks to be you.

And yes I agree its nice to see 64bit support only took 4 years for this to start happening but good to see it coming along.

9. risl

risl Registered Member

Fajo, you have been jumping to every Dr.Web related thread with sarcastic comments for the last ~2 years. You clearly don't like the product, you clearly hate the product and everyone knows it. I believe you have made your opinions clear and probably no one wants to see the same comments and arguments repeated over and over again.

There is no need for your attempts to ruin these informative topics with your negative attitude towards this software. Some people still use Dr.Web and are interested in hearing news from them.

10. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Sorry I jump to pretty much every post on the board. Not just Dr. Web ones. Again I agree 64bit is nice I asked about the GUI that is all. If you don't like my views on the issue that is fine, but leave it at that. I will post my opinion just like everyone else does. People can ether agree or disagree with them.

And for the record I really don't "hate" Dr. Web I do think they need a good kick in the pants to get with the program other then that. I'm sure it's a excellent program I even have some clients that use it on a daily bases.

11. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Is the new version for 32 bit also? I downloaded the installer and it is still the same one I have for it and was thinking that maybe they havent't updated it. Nothing has come down the pipe on automatic updates for it.

12. risl

risl Registered Member

Should come, atleast they have an X86 beta that includes the new features.

13. Threedog

Comes when it comes I guess. I am fairly happy with what is there now. Does its job and doesn't cause problems.

14. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Only for 64-bit
    For 32-bit the release will be closer by New year with a firewall

15. Threedog

Ahhhh thanks!!!. I just use the AV version only.

Is Ilya Georgievsky the only virus analyst you guys got working. I keep an eye on the Virus analyzing website and I see his name listed all the time but rarely any of the others. Jeez, he needs less sleep than I do.

16. SergM

SergM Registered Member

17. Threedog

Thanks for the link Serg. I kind of figured that Ilya was a little more than human. ;)

18. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i dont mind, i like reading everyones opinions. especially when they really are too true. :D

what exactly does the link say since im not registered over there?

19. Threedog

Basically that Ilya is a real analyst but runs the robot and the robot uses his name in the reports. Or at least thats how I took the thread.

20. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

21. format_c

format_c Registered Member

yes, you're right absolutely

22. firzen771

ah lol :D

23. Nomad Soul

Nomad Soul Registered Member

Yes, a variety of opinions is good than they make sense. But repeating that it is so bad that Dr.Web interface has not glitter and shimmer with all the colors of the rainbow, but has simple, intuitive, convenient, customizable, unobtrusive interface instead doesn't make sense I think.

24. firzen771

well if its the same comment on the exact same version of the program, then its already been said and heard and not needed to be repeated, but when u repeat ur same comment on a new version of the program because nothing has changed, i think thats perfectly fine because its true.

25. Nomad Soul

Nomad Soul Registered Member

You can't say nothing was changed. Interface become more beatiful, bright and still clear, intuitive and convenient. Nothing is missing. Control centre will be done someday then they have time for it, because it's absolutely unnecessary now. Spider Agent is good enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.