DocScrubber

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by NucThis1, Dec 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NucThis1

NucThis1 Guest

I don't know if this is the correct forum but, this is the forum area
    I was directed to so here goes.
    I've loaded and used Doc Scrubber 1.1 and it's very nice ! But, it
    looks like I have to go back and re-name - by removing the
    Doc Scrubber added suffix appended to the original file name.
    For example, np12r12a-SCRUBBED id now the new file name for
    the original np12r12a. This means any links I had to the original
    file name need updated, or, I need to rename each scrubbed file.
    I hope there is an easy solution as I really like the functionality
    and ease of use.
    Thanks in advance for your time, and have a Great Holiday Season.

Email address removed

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

By default, Doc Scrubber creates a copy of each file you want scrubbed, and names it with that "-SCRUBBED" addition. (i.e. "test.doc" becomes "test-SCRUBBED.doc") That way, the original file is not touched.

However you can tell Doc Scrubber to scrub the original document (and thus it won't create that copy with "-SCRUBBED" appended to the filename).

Once you press the "Scrub" button on the main screen, you will see a page that says "Scrubbing method" and asks whether you want to scrub one or multiple files. At the bottom of that page is a checkbox titled "Save scrubbed file over original". Checking that box will cause Doc Scrubber to effectively scrub the original file.

But a warning: If you select the above option, there will be no backup copy of your document(s) before scrubbing. And although there shouldn't be any problems, if anything goes wrong during the scrubbing process, you'll be in trouble unless you manually created a backup copy elsewhere.

I hope this helps. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. TSamuel

TSamuel Registered Member

I'm curious as to whether & how you would take RFEs for DocScrubber. I've a few ideas - some rather minor & at least 1 somewhat major, & am wondering how to get them to the relevant people.

Thanx for some great programs,[shadow=green,top][glow=green,2,300] :D [/glow][/shadow]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.