Do you want to control outbound connection but not a firewall? I found this program!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zorro zorrito, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I have seen many people here seeks for a program to control outbound conection control, and I found this program that I am going to test, so that I can not say anything about it, but it looks interesting, so that it could be very good to use with firewalls.

SAFE LAUNCH

Safe Launch can actively stop programs accessing the network, but this is intended for out-bound communication like trojans sending your personal information out over the Internet. Safe Launch complements firewall software, by further protecting you system against attacks for within your local machine.

Safe Launch works by imposing limits on what an untrusted piece of software can and cannot do. Specifically, Safe Launch protects your computer from the following actions that are often performed by malicious software.

File protection

Safe Launch allows read-only access to files, but will prompt for permission if the program attempts to modify a file in any way. This includes renaming, deleting or modifying existing files or creating new files.

Registry protection

Safe Launch allows read-only access to the registry, but will prompt you for permission if a program attemps to modify the registry in any way. This protects your registry from malicious software attempting to delete or modify registry settings, or create new registry settings.

Network protection

Disables TCPIP network access. Without this important protection, private information or files can be easily read and sent out over the internet by malicious software.

Device protection

Safe Launch can stop programs from directly accessing and controlling the devices within (or connected to) your computer.

Safe Launch gives up to date information on what the software is trying to do to your computer, and gives you the ultimate say in whether an action should or shoud not be allowed to occur.

http://www.safelaunch.com/products/safelaunch/HTML/index.html

http://www.safelaunch.com/products/safelaunch.htm

I hope this one helps!!!
    thanks friends

2. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

Re: Do you want to control outbound connection but not a firewall? I found this progr

@ zorro zorrito
    This is a very interesting program, thank you.
    Regards
    Bernd

3. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Re: Do you want to control outbound connection but not a firewall? I found this progr

The Download does not work ( Mysql error ) and it has just got my email address.......

4. webhead

webhead Guest

It looks ok but why not just use something FREE like SSM? It seems to do about the same things and if you get a slightly older version of SSM like 1.89 you'll never have to worry about it expiring, and it won't cost you one red cent. ;)

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

SSM is nice but it does nothing to control outbound internet access.. ;)

As far as the program goes, it looks interesting, but if you want all that protection, why not just spend the money on Tiny Firewall and get everything, including the firewall? Tiny is a lot more powerful also...

6. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

what about protowall(free)?

Packet to "SPYBOT RIPOFF eNom-SCUM-klite split2[Spy]" ( 63.251.163.115 ) blocked. [protocol: TCP - src: 3958 / dst: 80]

7. iwod

iwod Registered Member

it wont download............... ><

8. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

safe launch ain't automatic....
    you have to launch an app "THROUGH" safe launch in order to control it...

9. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.