Do you use SUPERAntiSpyware?

Discussion in 'polls' started by ams963, Feb 12, 2012.

?

Do you use SUPERAntiSpyware?

1. Yes- PRO version

27 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. Yes- Free version

30 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. No- used to but not now, it's not good anymore

16 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. No- have license but don't use it as not needed with current setup/useless now

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. No- not needed with current setup

17 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. No- I have Malwarebytes Antimalware

23 vote(s)
    17.6%
  7. No- I have other similar software

6 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Never heard of it

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. poison

poison Registered Member

SAS Pro real-time with NOD32 AV is running great for me and it's saved my ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ a few times. Cookie scan is disabled when scanning. CCleaner takes care of them. I also have MBAM Pro which is on your list but it's never found anything that SAS has missed. I would run MBAM real time instead of SAS but I have no need for the website blocking etc and I have seen SAS clean up rouges no problem so why change something that seems to be working. I guess if I had MBAM real-time SAS wouldn't find anything so both a great products in my eyes.

I do update MBAM hourly though just so I can do a context menu scan of any suspicious file without having to open it up first then update before scanning but it never finds anything that SAS has missed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  2. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

I use it, but not in my computer. I really prefer Spybot S&D portable, great tool, very underrated...

3. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

4. thesawisfamily17

thesawisfamily17 Registered Member

malwarebytes free does the trick:p

5. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

SAS Pro...yummy stuff ;)

6. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

I voted: Have License but don't use it as not needed with current setup / USELESS NOW.

I have 2 licenses to run 4 computers. Always used the Pro version until SAS was acquired by Support. com. As posted in Wilder's Security Forum ** " There will be things that change". There sure was, like Weekend & Holiday updates and Lifetime Licenses (have stopped). Until SAS gets their act together I no longer have SAS Product installed on any of my computers. I do not like security products that do not update 24/7. I'll be watching the SAS forum for improvements on their product, hopefully it will improve.

** There will be things that change: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=301468

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I gave it up along with another bad habit, smoking.:p

8. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have 2 paid lifetime licenses, but I do not install it anymore. There just doesn't really seem to be a need. I haven't picked up anything in years that I have needed it for, and honestly, if I did I would probably just reformat.

9. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

What about the constantly harmful/tracking cookies it detects and removes?

I have MBAM pro but I still use SAS to get rid of the harmful cookies

10. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I just use Ccleaner to get rid of the cookies, including the flash super cookies.

11. TigerRaptorFX

TigerRaptorFX Registered Member

I have all cookies block by default in Firefox. CS Lite for giving registered sites permission to store cookies. BetterPrivacy is set to 1 second auto delete for LSO. Ghostery really isn't needed but I keep it as a backup. I don't remember the last time Hitman Pro and Emsisoft detected a tracker. Even Chromium on a leash.

12. berryracer

But that deleted your cookies and you will have to re-login into all the websites you visit.

With SAS, it only removes the harmful ones

13. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

I use CCleaner all the time and save the cookies I want to keep.

Open CCleaner > Options > Cookies. There's the list of cookies. Pick the ones you want to save.

14. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I use teh free version as an anti hijacker.

15. berryracer

Ohh!! Thanks a lot!

So no more use for that crappy SAS :D

MBAM Pro FTW :D

16. crapbag

crapbag Registered Member

So I voted Yes a week or so ago.

Just removed SAS Pro from my main machine.

Kept it as an on-demand scanner but over the last few weeks it's been buggy as hell.

Got rid.

17. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Unfortunately I have decided to uninstall SAS & go back with MBAM. It's primarily for an efficient on-demand scanner. I ran SAS before MBAM & at one time ran them concomitantly. I only need one of them. SAS has been acting odd lately & I am not so sure its recent acquisition has improved things. It was this nag screen product reminder though that finally clinched it for me.

SAS NagPEG - Copy.jpg

18. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

No, it's of no value here.

19. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

No value? No single product can catch everything and we often catch threats MBAM, HMP, AVG, etc miss - how is that of no value?

20. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

sas rarely finds anything.....I was infected with 4 trojans .......AVG partially blocked one avast! blocked one......mbam had to clean 3 completely.....sas is a master at finding delicious cookies though.....I'm using sas pro btw.....

21. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

also sas support in form of support ticket is awful......very rude with average non-techie users.....support forum on the other hand is good and helpful......

22. LoneWolf

Please re-read my post, (as short as it is) I said "it's of no value here" meaning its of no value to me, maybe to someone else it adds value, but here it is worthless to have.

23. HKEY1952

HKEY1952 Registered Member

The core design of SuperAntiSpyware is to: Remove Active Embedded Malware.

The real-time protection, home page shield, tracking cookie cleaning, first chance prevention, and other security
    features offered by SuperAntiSpyware are not the core design of the security product. The added security features of
    SuperAntiSpyware are designed for, and only as, 'thin layers' of added protection, and should not be the sole reason
    for installing SuperAntiSpyware. SuperAntiSpyware is an malware removal tool, for active embeded malware, designed
    to work side-by-side with other installed security products.

I employ SuperAntiSpyware on client, friends, and family machines to clean their infected systems when all other
    attempts my them and me have failed and SuperAntiSpyware has always performed as advertised. There are cases where
    SuperAntiSpyware was unable to completely remove the embeded active malware, however, the active embeded malware was
    nuteralized by SuperAntiSpyware, allowing further action to be taken by other means to remove the reminance. There
    have also been cases where SuperAntiSpyware was inefective, exactely as all other attempts by all other means were
    just as inefective at removing the active embeded malware.

Voted: Yes- PRO version

EDIT: completeness

HKEY1952

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  24. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

How is it worthless? SUPERAntiSpyware provides a value in removing malware that many other products miss and is a valuable tool in any technicains toolbox of removal tools.

25. LoneWolf

Again I believe the key phase here is "it's of no value here" or "here it is worthless"
    You speak of removal, that's fine for those who chose to get infected and then cure.
    I chose prevention, therefor "it's of no value here" and "here it is worthless" as I have no need for SAS.
    Thank you and have a nice day, discussion over. :blink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.