Do you use or avoid portable software? If so, why?

Discussion in 'polls' started by MrBrian, Apr 27, 2014.

?

Check all of the following that apply.

1. That a given program is portable makes me more likely to use it, on at least some occasions.

47.7%
  2. That a given program is portable makes me less likely to use it, on at least some occasions.

11.4%
  3. That a given program is portable never makes me either more or less likely to use it.

15.9%
  4. I use portable software because I don't have admin credentials needed by a program installer.

11.4%
  5. I use portable software because I want to avoid giving a program installer admin privileges.

13.6%
  6. I use portable software because I'm afraid that a program installer might make unwanted changes.

36.4%
  7. I use portable software because using a program installer is a hassle.

18.2%
  8. I use portable software because I don't want unnecessary stuff written or left behind on the system.

70.5%
  9. I use portable software for privacy-related reasons.

18.2%
  10. I use portable software because the program's settings are saved in the program's folder.

43.2%
  11. I use portable software because I don't want to interfere with software already on a computer.

36.4%
  12. I use portable software because they're easier to update.

18.2%
  13. I use portable software because of some other reason. Explain why.

6.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Same here

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.