Do you use one browser or more ?

Discussion in 'polls' started by berryracer, Jul 17, 2012.

?

Do you use one browser only or more?

1. I use one browser only

34.7%
  2. I use one browser + IE TAB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I use more than one browser

65.3%
  1. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Yep. For a prefix.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

It depends on the feature you're looking for, but yes that's one way. Did you mean to write more than that..?

3. Hungry Man

I'm saying they detect prefixes because they're non-standard web attributes. In general a website should not be using these because it splits the web up, which I think you've already stated is a bad thing.

Perhaps your right that they shouldn't be detecting at all and if the page is broken it's broken.

My point is that if the page is broken (and in this case it is not) should the website work around the browser? What if Opera were displaying the page incorrectly?

I think they're pretty much saying "We don't want to develop with Opera in mind", which I find understandable considering that Opera is not exactly thriving.

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

@HM, interesting you give longer answers here than elsewhere. Papibe is trying to help sort out the problem but you give one-line responses o_O

5. Hungry Man

He requested information and I reported back. If you thought I'd left anything out you could always post there asking for more info.

The issue was solved shortly after though.

6. operamail

operamail Registered Member

Firefox for daily browsing and IE for online banking.

7. x942

x942 Guest

I use two browsers and have them setup like this:

1) FireFox - NoScript, AdBlock Plus, CookieMonster & LastPass (A.K.A Secure Browser)

2) Chrome Stable - Whitelist Scripting, Seccomp Sandbox, AdblockPlus, Click-to-Play (A.K.A Flash/Plugin Browser).

I run each in a defferent VM to fully isolate my browsing from my host to further reduce the likely hood of infecting/exlpoits. I use chrome for plugins because they are sandboxed better than FireFox. I do feel NoScript make FireFox more secure though as it prevents more than just javascript from running. The VM's are running Fedora 17 with SeLinux hardened and sandboxing the browsers again with SeSandbox. So... With chrome this means I have:

Chrome Sanbox + Seccomp ---> SeSanbox ----> VM = 3 or 4 Sandboxing layers depending on how you look at it. An exploit would have to bypass all of them to succeed. Very unlikely :D

8. Hungry Man

Very very unlikely, yes.

9. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I use Opera 95%, starting fooling with Comodo Dragon 2%, FF 2% & IE 1%.

10. x942

x942 Guest

Yeah I think this site may have made me a tad paranoid ;)

11. Hungry Man

On the right kernel I doubt there's anyone out there who could get through it in any reasonable amount of time.

If you're using the right pax/grsecurity features with that setup an attacker's gonna have a hard enough time getting into Chrome let alone getting out of even the chroot once they do get in.

12. x942

x942 Guest

Haha I just so happen to be swapping my VM's over to Hardened Gentoo too :D

13. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I only use 1 browser.....Dragon. I don't even have any bookmarks in IE9, much less flash.

14. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I have 1E9 installed on Win7 and usually have Firefox and Google Chrome/Chromium installed as well. For most of my browsing, I stick to 1 browser (any 1 of these 3 depending on my mood) at a time.

15. ooVoo

ooVoo Registered Member

Well, since I have my first computer, I experience:
    IE => Firefox => Chrome
    now am run chrome mostly

16. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I hate having more than one program that performs the same function, I love having the best of everything, but only one, not various ones. but that's just me

17. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I share the same sentiments but in the case of browsers, I'm left to go against the book so to say. Honestly speaking, I have been (and still am) a Firefox fan by far and by large but nowadays I feel like the other 2 browsers has something to offer that Firefox currently doesn't.

What I like about Firefox:

1. Extensions (ABP, NoScript, Tree Style Tab, etc).
    - provides features that outperforms extensions or even built-in features in other browsers
    2. Private Mode (without needing to set up flags in shortcuts)
    3. Reduced memory usage.

What I like about Google Chrome

1. Sandbox.
    - With Chrome 20, the renderer processes are at untrusted IL.
    - With Chrome 21, users get PPAPI flash.
    2. Speed
    3. Control of certain settings (that may require add-ons in Firefox)

What I like about IE9:

1. TPL (sort of built-in privacy/ad-blocking capability) I use Fanboy's TPL)
    2. Ironically, the lack of rapid release cycle is useful for me as an Admin. (Take note that I like rapid release cycle to a certain extent in other browsers)
    3. Colored tabs

I also have complaints against each browser but I won't bother listing them here. If only each browser developers could learn from the other...and take the Pros without the Cons, I'd have definitely sticked to just 1. Alas, that's not the case...

18. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

I use Opera most of the times, firefox when sites dont work with opera,and dragon for online banking .

All browsers are forced to run in sandboxie ofcourse.

19. ooVoo

ooVoo Registered Member

secure browser is really a great idea
    well, people would love a secure browser for online banking/shopping, so, what about secure search? like secure search toolbar from antivirus vendor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.