Do you use one browser or more ?

Discussion in 'polls' started by berryracer, Jul 17, 2012.

?

Do you use one browser only or more?

1. I use one browser only

34.7%
  2. I use one browser + IE TAB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I use more than one browser

65.3%
  1. Tsast42

Tsast42 Registered Member

Opera's my favorite but its creaking slowness has me switching to Palemoon every week or so. And after a few days Palemoon's barrenness sends me back again.

2. guest

guest Guest

Funny. I'm slowly switching to Opera because of its fastness..

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Firefox as primary, IE as a backup, Chrome for testing to make sure it also works.

4. niki

niki Registered Member

Firefox since 2004 and Palemoon as a backup browser. Forgot how to use IE. :D

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I use Google Chrome for everything.
    I use Internet Explorer occasionally when websites don't work properly with Chrome though. But that's the only time i switch browsers, so i voted for only one.

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I use Maxthon full time, chrome and Firefox and Opera and IE8 in that order.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Only one, Opera.

8. Tsast42

Tsast42 Registered Member

Different systems, different setups = different results. Additionally compensating for its lack of built in security makes mine more sluggish than the default. I'd have pegged you as an IE man ;)
    Welcome back.

9. guest

guest Guest

IE is probably the best browser overall that fulfills all my browsing needs, but I'm currently giving priority to portable browsers. I prefer to have the same browsing experience when I can't use my own PCs.

Firefox Portable was my browser of choice but changes in recent versions wasted my favorite extension - LiveClick. Firefox's native implementation of Live Bookmarks isn't as feature rich as IE' native implementation of the same feature. The Firefox's implementation lacks essential features in my opinion, such as bolding unread items and folders. So, Firefox really needs the help of LiveClick. But LiveClick's developer is apparently having a hard time to fix and stabilize the extension again (only beta versions of LiveClick are compatible with the latest versions of Firefox. But even the last beta version of LiveClick (more than a month old) has severe performance issues.

So, I'm giving Opera (PortableApps.com edition) a try. I like it despite some minor issues. It will be hard to familiarize with the complete lack of support to Live Bookmarks (Opera's own support to RSS Feeds is good, but nothing can be as convenient as folders of Live Bookmarks in the bookmarks toolbar IMO). But I think it will be good to use the same brand of browser on both my PCs and mobile phones. :D

10. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Only Firefox. IE backup.

11. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

I use Chrome, except when a page won't load correctly. It's not really the fault of Chrome, but rather the extensions and/or settings (like having third-party cookies disabled). I would rather just load it in IE than try to figure out what extension or setting is interfering. IE is pretty much unmodified (except for updates, of course), so it serves as a "vanilla" browser to try loading a page that wouldn't work in my Chrome setup.

However, I voted for one browser only, because it is fairly rare that I have to use IE.

12. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

IE & Comodo Dragon - Main Browser.

13. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I use IE9

14. Feandur

Feandur Registered Member

Was a FF fanboy, but using Chromium [for my usual surfing box - running Linux Mint-Isadora] more and more.

Extensions AB+; Browser Quicklinks; Traffic Light; WOT; YouTube Downloader:MP3/HD Video downloader;

Still use FF occasionally on Linux - especially if want to open a pdf in the browser.

On Windows XP, use both - though lean a little, by habit, to FF. [v14.0.1 running fine on my boxes].

:cool:

have a good day

- feandur

15. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Windows: IE10
    Linux: Fx

So yeah, more than one.

Nonsense, Google is bringing them back to push Chrome.

16. Get

Get Registered Member

Firefox 99%, Opera 0,9%, IE 0,1 % (winupdate).

17. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

18. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Not supporting Opera's kinda understandable. It'll be dead in the next year or two and it's a closed source project.

And I say it'll be dead because in the span of a week or so something like 6 major developers left and Firefox tends to have a policy of taking all the good Opera devs.

19. elapsed

One website is designed to market a browser, the other is designed for blogging. I fail to see the correlation.

Not really. It's not a matter of not supporting it, it's a matter of pushing Chrome. As has been said, Opera works fine with a spoofed useragent.

20. Hungry Man

I think there's a difference between not supporting something and saying that it actually won't work.

21. elapsed

That's besides the original point brought up by vasa1 about browser agnostic pages, as they SHOULD be.

22. Hungry Man

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=765645

Just reminds me of that. Yeah, Mozilla could have continued to support that specific flag but they weren't going to anymore. In that case it's a bit different as they *said* they wouldn't and the guy is just whining because he messed up.

My point is that if I write a browser and 30 people use it I'm not gonna complain when no one supports it.

23. elapsed

It's not in Google's right to complain about what browser you use. This is the platform-agnostic web, not some software written for an OS. They should be writing the code, if it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't. Simple as that. They should not be isolating specific browsers and telling people not to use them. ESPECIALLY when the browser in question works perfectly fine.

24. Hungry Man

How would you verify that a webpage is displaying properly?

What you're asking for is either a way to tell that the browser displays properly on the system for every version of the browser and every version of the website. All for a browser that no one uses.

25. elapsed

You do realize there is feature detection right? You're not supposed to browser sniff, it's considered bad practice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.