Do you use Emsisoft Antimalware Free?

Discussion in 'polls' started by ams963, Feb 12, 2012.

?

Do you use Emsisoft Antimalware Free

1. Yes- use it as a second opinion

14 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Yes- a must have as it offers free removal and is compatible

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. No- conflicts

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. No- not needed even as an on-demand with my current setup

31 vote(s)
    40.8%
  5. No- don't like it

14 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

That's wrong information. Could you please tell me who of our support staff told you that the delete/quarantine features are disabled in the freeware mode?

Truth is, the freeware mode just turns off realtime protection features (file guard, surf protection and behavior blocker) and automatic updates. The scanner including both engines, online updates (manual) and even the outlook scanner remain fully active.

That means the freeware mode of Emsisoft Anti-Malware is almost equal to the Emsisoft Emergency Kit package which doesn't even need an installation.

2. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

oh-oh. might be a misunderstanding, due to my question & my interpretation of answer. I mentioned no cleaning as a competitor's freebie doesn't clean only alert.

No one corrected me so I assumed no cleaning with yours as well. Sorry dude.

And again, no mention of removal. My error due to experience with another who demanded subscription to enable cleaning. Sorry.

I have full Kaspersky for 2013 (for a modest fee) as my brother's PC ran too sluggishly with it. My luck huh? So which of the two should I use with KIS?

3. Rowmon

Rowmon Registered Member

I couldn't go by and not say Emsisoft Anti-malware has been the only solution to have ever detected anything malicious from my system that wasn't a false-positive, and I've tried every single solution free and paid on the market to date. None have detected anything other than community confirmed false-positives. To me, that says a lot of positives about Emsisoft. :thumb:

4. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I just started using Emsisoft Emergency Kit, and it is quickly replacing both MBAM and HMP.

5. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I don't recall any false positives. These 'false positive tales' are just village gossip. EAM has been a great product. The only incorrect thing in your post ya 'rowmon' was you only allocated one thumbs up. :thumb: :thumb:

6. Rowmon

Rowmon Registered Member

Oh yes. What I meant was, EAM has been the only solution I've tried that has actually detected malicious software that wasn't false positives. ;)

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

No not village gossip, but not recent either. Before Emsi was known as EAM it was known as A-squared and was an anti-spyware product with its guard and emsi signatures. There were quite a few false positives that went ignored for a few years. I specifically remember some MS Office programs that were false positives and made A2 unusable for me. But in those days there was a big ad muncher conflict as well (another reason I wasn't able to use it). Things have changed for the better the last few years and Emsi has emerged as a top anti-malware product with high detection and few false positives.

8. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

i use their command line scanner on demand. it's available for free in their emergency kit. not necessary, but i like to have a readily available second opinion. i also use it as the primary AV scanner when i boot to WinPE or other emrgency disks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.