Do you use a tablet?

Discussion in 'polls' started by ams963, Dec 29, 2013.

?

Do you use a tablet

Poll closed Jun 27, 2014.
  1. Yes [please mention which one]

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. No - not now but I'll surely get one in the future

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. No - not now and never will [pleae mention why]

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. No - confused if I will get one in the future [pleae mention why]

11 vote(s)
    16.4%
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I usually open about 60 to 65 tabs in my FF. That's why Chrome wouldn't run on my netbook with 1GB RAM in the past and FF would get unresponsive. But since the upgrade to 2GB, I can use both Chrome and FF with many tabs. :D

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Same here 5-10, when I am done with a tab I close it. Why leave it open? :D

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It saves having to open it again later.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yeah, but still 60+ tabs open, I like it reasonably organized and that's literally impossible with so many tabs open :D

5. roger_m

You're right, it's near impossible with that many tabs open. But, I've got 30 tabs open right, now and I tell what website is open on each tab from the icon used.

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

It sounds like you have had those tabs open every singel day for months or years to learn, that icon = that site :D

But I have folders with bookmarks in my bookmarks bar for that purpose too. :)

7. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

It's difficult to be objective as I have little experience with tablets. I need prescription reading glasses and I have had no problems reading the screen.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

With today's internet speed and browsers websites load instantly (Forums) and heavy websites just takes a couple seconds. Fast enough for me so i dont leave tabs open once im done with it. :D

9. roger_m

Well I don't know every single icon, but I can see at a glance an idea of what is open, and there are a number icons I do recognise e.g. Wilders, AliExpress, eBay, my email, etc. I always have my Wilders, AliExpress and my email open. Often other tabs I have open, aren't than important and could be closed. But having them open doesn't matter so much with Sleipnir for two reasons. When you launch it, many of the tabs from my last browsing session don't load until I click on them or a tab nearby, saving on resources and also meaning that it doesn't load many tabs at once. Also, Sleipnir creates a separate process for every tab, and closes the process when a tab is closed, which enables Sleipnir to remain stable after opening and closing many tabs.

10. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Agreed, and in that regard I'd rather just read books the old fashioned way, the type with a binding on them. Makes me feel, I dunno... in touch with my humanity perhaps. Technology is useful in some regards but I don't want it to dominate my lifestyle either.

11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yeah that's the main reason why I close tabs, the resource usage can get quite annoying and make the browser sluggish. Loads of stuff on AliExpress I see :D

12. roger_m

When I was using Orca, I would have to restart it from time to time as having an excess number of tabs open would eventually cause instability.

13. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Oh I see. Well enjoy the tablet my friend.:):thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.