Do you trust Netvada

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by djg05, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have been playing around with Netvada over the last few days trying to understand it.

I put in my two computers into the LAN management and tried the block all setting on my machine and it appeared to make no diffeence.

I then deleted a running browser from the trusted app list and that browser continued to have access. Unloading and reloading the browser made no difference. Everytime I stopped and restarted the f/w (allow all/enforce rules). On rebooting the computer the browser was refused access. There was no reaction from the f/w to allow or not.

Maybe I have not set it up correctly but for the time being I have gone back to Kerio. I have done the same thing with that and even with the browser having had access, once removed from the approved list it was immediiately stopped and a rule sought.

Anyone got thoughts on this?

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I don't have that problems...

For me, Netveda works very well and I'm very pleased...

3. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

I am having the same problem, if I log off and back on or restart, It asks again if Firefox can connect and I have it in Trusted Apps/allow. I like Netveda but I wish I could figure out what I have wrong if anything. It also asks when I try to open Netveda.

4. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

ipclic? I had the same problem.

5. squibbon

squibbon Guest

I also have experienced the problem and posted it on the Netveda forum:

http://forums.netveda.com//index.php?showtopic=74

It reminds me of the problem I sometimes had when I ran ZoneAlarm with the firewall program 'forgetting' application settings. The solution with ZA was to delete the database and recreate it. Anyone know how Netveda stores its application settings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.