Do you think it's enough

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Rules, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rules

Rules Registered Member

Hi all,

My friends run ZA Pro with Avira Antivir 9 Free on Vista x64, do you think it's enough or he can added other protection like PrevxEdge or other ?

Thanks for advice.

Regards,

Rules.

2. subset

subset Registered Member

He will meet with an obstacle... Sandboxie doesn't support Vista x64.

Cheers

3. Rules

Rules Registered Member

Thanks guys for advice,

I know few behaviour blocker or single antispyware are ok with the 64 bits (Prevx Edge, ThreatFire Beta, GeSWall Beta......)

Also OS x64 get PatchGuard, but i want to put one more protection for the unknown malware threats when surfing with Firefox 3.0.8.

Other advice:cool:

Rules.

4. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

PrevxEdge is an excellent product, although I've not tried the 64bit version.

Do you use the NoScript add-on with Firefox?

5. Rules

Rules Registered Member

Thanks Biscuit,

I use Prevs Edge x64 on a other computer and it's excellent detection and cpu usage

But the guy i help is not threat expert and prevx is to annoying for him

For NoScipt i never try, does it really good on detection, does he slow down internet connection,

I get a try right now

Thanks Biscuit:)

6. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Hi Rules

I believe that NoScript is one of the best security product for browsing. The problem is that it is that it will block scripts on new sites that you visit. The good point is that NoScript will remember the scripts that you allow & not ask again. However this "training" aspect does make it difficult for regular users.

7. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

i dont know how good noscript is but, i was using it for about 2 months when suddenly i got a javascript virus alert from avira. i know for sure it wasnt a fp because i later checked out the site and it was a baddie. however i know i am safe now and will avoid that site but it still doesnt explain why noscript didnt block this virus and i have now lost all faith in noscript and use sandboxie, i dont mind the slow down if it protects my computer.

i have always wondered if say i revisited that site and got this virus in my sandbox, would avira alert me the same? please pm me or leave reply on this thread

8. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

to answer this question i would say no he should improve a little, a antispyware program atleast and search for a realtime like threatfire im not sure whats compatible with 64 but comodo firewall is apparently better than zonealarm.
    if and when comodo 3.9 comes out perhaps thats for him if hes the set and forget type where he wants a solution to everything and little hassle like a suite but doesnt want to pay the fees. yet again i dont know if it will be 64 compatible

9. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

Yes. Antivirus software on your system will read into the sandbox and, assuming your av signatures have been updated to include that particular malware, will alert you.

10. Rules

Rules Registered Member

Thanks for all informations.

Rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.