Do you prefer an all-in-one set up machine?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I was just curious if you prefer more on buying the all-in-one machine that has a printer, scanner and photo copier in it rather than buying them individually. :rolleyes: :cautious:

My cousin, advises me not to buy those all-in-one thing coz if one malfunctions then all of the other features will be useless or that you cannot use them at all. He suggest to buy an individual machine. But that could also mean a bigger expense compared to an all-in-one set up.

What is your thought about this?

Have you already owned in the past an all-in-one machine and "suffered the consequences" coz one feature of them malfunctions and you can't use the other functions? o_O

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Each individual machine has x quality. When you bang them together, you get not 3x quality, you still get x quality, spread thin over 3 machines, resulting in x/3 quality per machine. No one sells for free. If they give you a machine that does 3 things for the price of 1, it means what it means - less quality.
    Mrk

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I bought an all-in-one printer "Canon Pixma MP150".

1. I don't use my printer very much. It's more OFF than ON. Sometimes days OFF.
    2. I don't need top-quality. If I can read it, I'm happy and the results are pretty good.
    3. Sometimes a print or a scan or a copy, I don't need 3 machines for that.
    4. Black & White or colors, if necessary.
    5. Three separate machines take too much space.
    6. Lesser cables : 2 instead of 3 x 2
    7. I can't buy 3 machines for the same price,

I'm happy with my printer because it meets my wishes.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

my dad has an all-in-one and my mom has just a printer. it rele depends on your needs and if u have the desk space.

as for malfunctions, i can say from experience that the scanner on the hp psc 1610 still works tho the printer might be having difficulties.

at the same time tho, the copy and scan functions do work better if the printer does too. copy function is useless if u cant make the copies, know what i mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.