Do you know this file ??

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Ashanta, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Hi,

This afternoon, EAM detected 1D8B60D2.exe located on Windows\System32

Do you tell me if this file is belong to vba32 antirootkit or to Nprotect mbr guard or to RKUnhookerLE ? Or is it a real malware ?

These are latest files I downloaded on my laptop.

I make a search on google and I found nothing. I also make a search on my HDD and I can't see on System32 folder.

Thanks in advance !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

It's ostensibly a randomly named file, so you'll be unlikely to find anything by the filename. It's probably put there by one of the tools you've used.

Send to virustotal. Post an MD5 Hash of the file.

Right click on the file and click properties, and see if there is any vendor information. Check the file creation date, and see if it matches any activity you've undertaken. Use sysinternals autoruns and see if there's anything else there; verify signatures.

3. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

RJK3,

To see more on 'Properties', as it's hidden file from Explorer. I need to enable this service, don't you ?

4. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

Use Sysinternals Autoruns with verify signatures.

Look in the 'services tab' and find this service. It is likely that the file is missing but the service still registered - if so, you can just delete the service. That would explain why there is no description when you viewed it under 'services.msc'.

If the file is not missing, then look under 'Image Path' for its location in the file system. I fully expect that it is just from one of the tools you have used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.