Do we still need Spycop?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Atomas31, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

Since my subscription to Spycop is close to is end, I was wondering if we really need a specialize keylogger scan like Spycop anymore?
    Doesn't NOD32, Boclean, Counterspy 2.1 to name a few catch everything that can catch Spycop?

Thanks,
    Atomas31

2. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi Atomas,

Did you dropped OA ?

MaB

3. Atomas31

Salut Mab,

No, I didn't drop OA (wich I use principaly for the firewall) and I didn't drop Prosecurity either...

Atomas31

4. Atomas31

No one use Spycop? I suppose that mean that a specialize anti-keylogger scan is not usefull anymore...

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Who's "we"? All of us computer security geeks who have nine (or more) different programs controlling every aspect of our computers' security? All of "we" to whom "safe hex" is an ingrained part of our being?

I still have SpyCop (and run full scans with it whenever it updates) - and I re-subscribe when it runs out. I also still recommend it for people who are not security-savvy, or those who (for whatever reason) think they may be the victims of key-logging by people with access to their computers.

It's a very user-friendly program, the support is excellent and near-instantaneous and the "subscription" costs less per year than what I spend for coffee at work per week.

All the major heavy-hitters of keylogging are still out there - and their main customer-base audience is still people with physical access to someone else's computer.

And people are still buying their programs, or they'd have gone out of business, wouldn't they?

Do what you want - I'll be keeping and using SpyCop indefinitely. And continuing to recommend it highly where applicable. Pete

6. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Registered Member

PrivacyKeyboard - real time (in addition to it I have Cyberhawk - it might help)
    SpyCop - on demand

I renew my subscription to SpyCop regularly and do scans 2-3 times a week.
    I wouldn't rely on any AV or AS as protection from keyloggers. It's not their primary job ("jack of all trades, master of none", as they say).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.