Do Scheduled Tasks run as a Service ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by GunBee, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunBee

GunBee Registered Member

BUILDS:
    • Windows XP PRO - SP2
    • Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (build 3677)

SCENARIO:
    • I've created a Weekly Task that backups my data partition (or files/folders).
    • I've assigned this task the Administator user credentials. (username + password in the Task Wizard)

QUESTION:
    • I want this task to run if the Administrator user is not logged on.
    • When the system is in the Logon screen, or other (non-Administrator) users are working on the system, I want Acronis True Image to perform the scheduled task in the background.
    • In other words, does the Task Scheduler run as a background service, even if no users are logged on at the moment of Task execution ?

Thanks for your help and kind regards,
    GunBee.

2. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

I'm not sure about the 2 things loading up in "Msconfig" because I UNCHECKED them from starting up with the computer after installing Acronis.
    But I know that this (picture below), has to be set to Manual or Automatic. You can't Disable it.
    I have mine set for Manual, but it always starts up when I open Acronis.

I don't use the "Scheduling" or "Secure Zone", so I'm not sure if it has to be set to Automatic consistantly. You could try it on Manual, and if it doesn't work, ..set it to Automatic.

Attached Files:

• 21.png
      21.png
      File size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello GunBee,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that Acronis Scheduler2 Service is executed on starting Windows (before the login screen appears) and works till shutdown. Service keeps the scheduled tasks in registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\Scheduler) and executes them. There is also another process Helper which is executed as a separate process for any logon, works till logoff and notifies Scheduler service about logon and logoff events. Without helper it is impossible to run interactive tasks, tasks without user and password information (such as the Create Image operation in Acronis True Image) and to schedule any tasks on logon/logoff/shutdown events. Therefore, if you created a scheduled task under one user (the user who owns the executed task) and then logoff or login under another user the scheduled task will be executed at the appropriate time.

Please note that the account which is used for backup purposes should at least have Backup Operator rights, or, better, Administrator rights. You can check the user rights at Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Managment -> Local users and Groups.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.