Do I Need to Disable XP Firewall before Down Loading Eset Smart Security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MrChooks, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrChooks

MrChooks Registered Member

Hi
    I am only new to this & a bit of a TnF with computers - so forgive me if this question sounds stupid:doubt:

I am about to download Eset Smart Security on to my brand new computer - but understand that there can be problems if there are other AV / firewalls already in place on the computer.

Can anyone advise me on what steps I need to take to ensure the Smart Security download works and doesn't cause conflicts on my computer.

My OS is Win XT SP3

2. Rapid Dr3am

Rapid Dr3am Registered Member

Re: Do I Need to Disable XT Firewall before Down Loading Eset Smart Security

XT? Or XP?

If it's the XP firewall then ESS will disable it. You got a brand new computer with XP on? Can't be many left now.

3. MrChooks

Tks Rapid Dr3am

I will download the ESS today - as I don't want this new computer sitting naked and exposed.

Yes XP (sorry 'bout the typo) - coz I am just too scared of Vista - particularly as it has such a bad rep with some of my other software

4. kenw

kenw Registered Member

Just check in Control Panel that is really disabled.

5. MrChooks

Tks to all - Download seemed to have worked fine

So far - I am pretty impressed with ESS - seems a far better internet security suite than my previous Bigpond Security :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.