Do I need Smart Security Suite?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by taksina, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taksina

taksina Registered Member

I've upgraded to NOD32 Antivirus v.3.0 and I'm using it happily under Vista Home Premium. I don't have POP3 email only Gmail. Do I need the Eset Smart Security Suite or is it just something "nice to have"? Does Vista's Windows Defender and Firewall provide me with enough protection?

2. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

IMO... NOD v3 is already decent/reliable/fast enough for an anti-malware that you expect from some of the top-tier products.

"Suites" from most big-name OEMs is just a way to rinse out additional dough from a buyer... the way i saw it.

XP, with SP1 and beyond includes their built-in FWall already. And if you still feel insecured about a bolted topline anti-Malware like NOD plus an inbuilt FWall in XP/Vista... then try adding freewares like SUPERAntispywares; SpyBotS&D (as on-demand backup)... etc.

You would be surpised that Ubuntus' doesn't even need antiMalware stuffs! And THAT does not mean these 'eccentric' Penguin cloners are no-brainer. Co_O

Penguin communities essentially are not 'schizophrenics'... that's all. ;)

3. clambermatic

clambermatic Registered Member

Strictly speaking... :cool: and no punt intended: You don't need "Smart" security suite at all... if you conform to simple rules-of-thumb upon web-surfin, downloading, installing. Henceforth, what we all really needs was 'Smart' senses build-in on our coconut when doing our computer chores.

Right?? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.