Do I need separate antispyware with Safe'n'Sec Hips?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PhoenixWeb, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoenixWeb

PhoenixWeb Registered Member

Do I need separate antispyware with Safe'n'Sec Hips?

I also have Antivir Personal Premium which has some antispyware capabilities.

All thoughts gratefully received.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

nope not really.
    just have an free on demand scanner such as superantispyware for weekly/monthly scans
    nice setup you have got
    lodore

3. PhoenixWeb

PhoenixWeb Registered Member

Cheers lodore. That is pretty much what I have been doing, just running an on-demand spyware scan once a week or so.

It's taken me quite a while to settle on the set up. I have played around quite a bit in the last couple of months, and my current set up seems to provide good security, but runs very light, which is a must when running resource hungry website/graphic design software.

I have a discount offer for the Antivir Security Suite, so I may well upgrade to that, and lose the PC Tools firewall, but other that that, I think I am sorted...

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i dont know anything about the pc tools firewall but i do know the one in antivir suite is very simple
    lodore

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Which antispyware Safe n Sec uses?

6. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

VBA32 engine.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks Ilya, u mean spyware definitions of VBA32 and its engine( excluding virus signaturse)? I though it,s some separate AS than AV as they advertise versions with AV and AS separately.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

BTW I tried Safe n Sec yesterday and in my opinion it,s not a user friendly behavior blocker. The popups are more like a HIPS( though not exactly) rather than a behaviour blocker. In my opinion KAV PDMs, CH( especially) and Sana Security PRSC flag malware in much more clear way while at the same time giving less popups for legit software. CH uses a ot of CPU though, atleast on my system.

On the whole I was not impressed with SafenSec. Ofcourse I am mainly talking about user friendliness and its popup alerts, I can,t say much about it,s actual malware blockage. If I have t reply such popups I will prefer a less chatty HIPS like NeovaGuard or PS free.

9. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

VBA32 is in their AS package, BitDefender is in their AV package.

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks Ilya. It,s clear now.

11. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

Hmm, I am having Dr. Web in their AV package now. I think their BD license had expired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.