Do i need more?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lin, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lin

lin Registered Member

hi
    i uninstalled za 2007 security suite since it wasn't good when it comes to leak tests.
    i have since installed comodo firewall, comodo anti malware v 4.25, and antivir.

is this all i need? do i need ad-aware or does the comodo antimalware do the trick?

thanks

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

looks good to me. Get Superantispyware free for on demand scans. you will be fine.

3. lin

lin Registered Member

thanks
    i have norton ghost. how often should i make backups? should i stick with antivir?

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

weekly backup with norton ghost would be reccomended.
    what do you store your inorton ghost images on?
    if avira works fine on your pc keep it.
    lodore

5. lin

lin Registered Member

i've got an externa 120gbl hd that i will back the images on to.

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

HGi, folks: You replaced ZASS with comodo family products, fundamentally you have the areas covered, but do not relax just yet. You need to investigate further re quality of these comomdo products. There are heated debates regarding them on this forum. Until those concerns are resolved, your worry-free days are still a bridge too far. Good luck.

7. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Zone Alarm doesn't submit to independent leak test unless something has changed over there. So I guess you did your own test? Do you have a link for us to the source of the leak test?

I think their CFW is fine unless you are big time on making and tweaking your own FW rules. I'm hoping the V3 CFW will be better when it comes out of
    beta.

Their antimalware is not in the top rung of ASW so that is a weakness in your set up. But with antivir you are in pretty good shape.

Are you behinds a router with good password management and solid image based backup?

What about going with CFW, AntiVir(on demand) and NOD32 that set up would be better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.