Do I need EMON on client if I have XMON on server?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Roberth, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roberth

Roberth Registered Member

I tried to find a thread about this without luck. Please help!

We have a small network running NOD32 with XMON scanning our Exchange Server on a Win 2003 Small Business Server.

We are running Outlook XP on our clients. Do we need to have EMON enabled on our NOD32 client installation or is it enough to have XMON enabled on our server?

Thanks!

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi Roberth,
    Good question. With XMON running on your server all email that comes in or goes out through your server would normally be checked HOWEVER depending on your network configuration it may be possible for clients to send and receive email without the need to go through your server(through alternate/additional/rogue configurations) and if that could even possibly be the case then you would think that having EMON installed and enabled would make sense wouldn't you?
    A couple of things to consider - using both EMON and XMON is consistent with sound 'layered' defence principles, and unless you had a specific reason to not use it, why not go ahead and gain every advantage it affords you? :)

And welcome to Wilders :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.