DO I NEED ANYMORE SECURITY SOFTWARE??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by subratam, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subratam

subratam Registered Member

i have
    Kerio 2X
    TDS (Trial)
    Trojan Remover
    Norton AV 2002 with full updates and updated LiveUpdater
    Adaware
    spywareblaster
    spybotSD
    AVG 7 licensed
    CWShredder
    GFI Languard Network Security scannerand system integrity monitor
    do i need anything else??
    shud i go for PC -Cillin ?? as i had been hearing a lot for it...
    can anyone recommend a good AT?? if possible free?? if not no probz

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

For what you already have and since you have more than one PC and still can not figure out your setup on all of it ;) Take a look at Trojan Hunter...TDS3...BOClean.

But I think you are well protected at this point.

3. subratam

hey prim,
    i am on cable internet and i am on stand alone PC connected in cable netwrok. i dun have more than one PC... i hav TDS 3 ya i will try trojan hunter for sure...
    and yes,, i feel *safe* wateva the amount it mayb coz... i really count on u guys :)

4. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Registered Member

dear subratam

its good that u have a list of all these anti trojan and anti hacking and anti virus software installed but its always sud be kept in mind that with all these security features and updated high powered kits ur system can reach a threash hold point and there will be greater risk of crashing, irrespective of which ever anti crash softwares u have, and ur vulnerability from ur over security is more than any trojan or virus or hacker.

5. subratam

hey i forgot to say i hav DCS autostart viewer and hijackthis too... and third eye... in todays world u cant remain secured with 1 or 2 softwares but u need more than them to b safe... this r security softwares and more over i dun fill my comp with junks but only necessary items.. i b on net for more than 15-16 hrs a day... so i feel i need this much security... though i welcome any more opinion...

6. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Hardware Firewall
    Router
    Software FireWall with control apps+md5+dll injection control
    Antivirus real time scan
    On hand Anti-Virus scan
    TDS3
    BoClean
    Wormguard
    ScriptSentry
    Ad-Watch
    SSM
    ----------------------
    pretty much don't need anything else beside that exept the few things like Ad-Control+Popup thing

Aside from that I have no idea aside from a proxy thing....

7. BWMerlin

BWMerlin Registered Member

Change your brower to one of the mozilla family or any other none IE if u havent. U may also try host files if u dont have any, i use IE-SPYAD, Spy bots and one other i carnt remember (links in my signature). F-Prot for dos is also good as a back up AV and its free (http://www.f-prot.com/download/home_user/).

8. subratam

i have spybot,cwshredder,adaware,spywareblaster..... and i also increased my level of protection by gettin trojan hunter 3.7 a little while ago :)
    Flux kerio 2X has application path and md5 checking

9. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

You also might want to try Sysinternals Process Exporer, not exactly a security program, but it helps sometimes when you expect Adare/Spyware/Trojan, you can download it, along with a host of other utilitys at www.sysinternals.com - Also, you might try System Safety monitor (I dont know the hompegae, but I'm getting ready to re-download it, later, but you can download it at www.webattack.com), and, 15 to 16 hrs a day? thats a LONG time to be online :doubt:

10. subratam

thx comp i am chkin the sites can u plz give some ideas wat they do specifically if u already experienced these softwares

11. JayK

JayK Poster

You can never have enough security software.

12. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello subratam

How about a registry protector such as RegistryProt and an anti-worm program such as Wormguard? Even though some programs you have may catch some worms it is better to have a dedicated anti-worm program that has proven itself capable of the function. These take up so little system resources that they are both worth the download.

Best wishes.

13. notageek

notageek Registered Member

An encryption progam might also help. It's not a must for some peopler but it's always good to have one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.