Do I need an active anti-spyware?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ratchet, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So I have no conflicts nor do I notice any slowdowns on this XP Home pc with active programs: OA Firewall (paid but not with a-squared), NOD32, now Mamutu and Windows Defender. I also have the option to periodically scan with Spyware Doctor Starter Edition and Malwarebytes. With the exception of WD, these programs all have pretty heavy duty protection, including HIPS, but aren't specifically designed to intercept basically benign spyware. Should I just turn WD off or does an active anti-spyware prog still have some use along with my other apps. I realize I already am in the overkill department by the way! Thank You!

2. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

erm, i think that your ok, youre already overkill so turning off WD is ok.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Honestly I'd turn off WD. You are very well covered and as long as you're scanning files you download with NOD32 and MalwareBytes before opening them, you're good to go imho.

4. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

imo you only really need an av and a policy restriction/sandboxing program and your good old loaf and your fine. some people here even go without an av, so that many progs your running is overkill IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.