Do I need a trojan Program with NOD?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Darrin, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrin

Darrin Registered Member

First off, great forum!
    I just downloaded a trial of nod. I have read some articles that state that nod is a good AV but I would need a trojan detection software in addition because nod probably wont pick up trojans. Is this true? o_O I thought nod would do it all

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

NOD32 picks up some commomt trojans but it is in the first line antivirus program and it does its job very well. Trojans are continuosly added to the NOD32 dabatase.

3. Darrin

Darrin Registered Member

So is it recommended that I need a trojan program? Or should I be ok you think?
    Thanks for your response

4. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

It depends. I usually do not execute any piece of software which is not from reliable source. I never used an antitrojan program and as far as i know i didn't get any single trojan.
    But if you want be safe, grab some AT proggie.

5. GoonMan

GoonMan Registered Member

Hello Darrin IMHO if you run a Antivirus like Nod32 and an antitrojan you are strenghting your line of defense or you are building a layered defense. I run both Nod32 and a Antitrojan program and have for years. There are alot of good antitrojan programs out on the market. You can usually try them for 15 to 30 days before purchasing.

Some will agree and some will disagree that just one program can leave you vulnerable.

But the final choice is yours and how well you want to set your system up for protection.

Randy

6. Darrin

Darrin Registered Member

Tauscan Trojan detector

Hey Goonman,
    I see in your sig. file that you use Tauscan with outpost pro. Im using outpost pro and in the trial right now. When its up im going to purchase it. Do you recommend Tauscan for a trojan detector? Sounds like a good deal (Ouptost pro w/Tauscan for $54.95) I may just do that if you think its what I should get.
    Thanks again for your input

7. GoonMan

Darrin I cannot make that decision for you. With you purchasing OP and Tauscan together it is a good deal. I beleive in the forum here there is a review of Antitrojan programs that has Tauscan coming in about 3rd or fourth. See this link about what optigrab posted. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=14216 You need to check out the reviews and make your own decision and weigh the options. You could also go and test some of them and see what you think of the ease with which each one operates.

I purchased Tauscan right after it came out and have had no problems with it. I feel that Tauscan is a very good program. But that is my opinion. Some will agree and disagree. I try to use what works with my WinME and not upset and already shaky program.

Also if you decide not to purchase Tauscan along with OP then you can try some others for 15 to 30 days before purchasing.

Randy

BTW I am not a sales man and also do not want to step on any toes. :D :cool:

8. Darrin

Darrin Registered Member

Thanks Goonman for the link. I appreciate your input you provided. I did download the trial version of Tauscan. I will read the posts you linked for me and try some other demos and decide.
    Thanks again for your help

9. GoonMan

Your Welcome Sir anytime.

Randy :D

10. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have NOD 32 and TDS-3 as my AT. I have never had a trojan and don't really want one . I believe as a lot of people believe,in a layered defense. I am real happy with the programs I have. Good luck.

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Always recommending to shop around and try several AT's on your own system, take your time, look at wghat they do, ask questions and make yourself comfortable before deciding.
    NOD32 is a good company for the top notch AT's.

12. GoonMan

Thank you ma'am :D :cool:

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You're welcome Randy.

You might like to grab the mIRC clean scanner from the DiamondCS site (products page) in the free tools , which has an innocent test file included, so with that at least you know your scanners find something in a safe way.

We all want you to try and be happy and stay happy and taking your time, as it is very disappointing for others too if you would find more convincing products right after buying some other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.