Do any of you remote your desktop thru the W7 firewall?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ratchet, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I'll be more specific as I explain the situation. Last year I purchased an HP TouchPad during the HP fire sale. I purchased Splashtop for it and with it there has never been any issues remoting an XP desktop from my children's homes thru either Comodo or Privatefirewall firewalls. In fact, with a WOL app on the TP and the script I have in my Linksys router with Tomato firmware, I even boot that PC.
    Recently I built a PC and installed OEM W7, Home Premium SP1. I've been testing it on my LAN and never get past the remote stream just starting and then it loses the connection. This with the firewall disabled, with the correct ports open in the firewall and forwarded in the router. Today I installed Tinywall, hoping I might be better able to tweak W7's features but endured the same problem.
    I suspect that even though I disable the firewall it somehow is still blocking it. My next try will be thru one of the other firewalls.
    My only other suspect is somehow Norton A-V 2012 is involved but that was on the XP machine too. Any theories would be appreciated!

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello ratchet.

It is not a firewall problem.

Source

There is a way to circumvent this (unofficially of course, aka "a hack") but I can't recommend as I didn't try it.

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Good stuff in that link, thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.