DNS poisonig?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Slappy, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slappy

Slappy Registered Member

I keep getting this pop up. I traced the IP address back to my local ISP hub. I flushed my DNS cache and still keep getting these alerts. How do I make them go away? Am I infected or is my local hub having an issue? Anyone else getting these? Malwarebytes, SAS, and HiJack This look fine.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have pre-release updates enabled? If not, do so and run a manual update then.

3. Slappy

Slappy Registered Member

I assume the pre-release updates are not on, as I just done a fresh install when V5 became available to the public. I will have to do as you suggested when I get home tonight. In the meantime, how will this affect the DNS poisoning and is this a known issue that other are experiencing? Thanks.

4. drdanny_orig

drdanny_orig Registered Member

I'm seeing these messages as well. They appear nearly once a day, and all reference one of my ISP's DNS servers as the source. \(That would be Comcast, and 75.75.75.75)

What's the story on these? are they benign? false positives??
    o_O

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

I was seeing these all the time, I use a netgear 480 superhub and the problem went away after a firmware update? I was getting a couple an hour, I have not had one since the update I am using firewall 1069. Cannot find a full change log on the firmware update, so cannot work out what happened, however there were no other changes made. I think Marcos said the next firewall deals with this issue 107?.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.