DMON Causing Word 2007 Errors

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by TonyDownUnder, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyDownUnder

TonyDownUnder Registered Member

I have NOD 2.7 running on Vista with Office 2007. I was getting numerous errors in Word 2007 where the program would open then close as "Word has encountered an error and will be closed". This usually occured just as the bottom left pane of the Word window displayed the "Running Virus Scan Message".

I then disabled DMON the MS Office Document Monitor and all is well. I my view NOD is not compatible with Word 2007 in this respect.

This follows hot on the hells of a posting in this forum by guitareth where he states "To update - I just found ESET's UK phone number on their website and phoned them. The guy I spoke to confirmed that "Outlook 2007 is NOT currently supported by NOD32."

Seems to me that both Word and Outlook are not supported by Nod. It may be prudent for Eset to make explicitly clear on its website what common programs may not be supported by their product and any suggested workarounds to save unecessary fuss.

I hope that the situation is rectified soon and assume that AMON will pick up any nasties. :cautious:

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Similar case HERE solution is to disable DMON, and reply on IMON and AMON until ESET release a version compatible with MS Office 2007

Cheers :D

3. Marco_CH

Marco_CH Registered Member

hm

im using nod32 and office 2007 without any problem. so not sure about a generalizing solution like this.

4. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Same here. Makes me wonder whether the issues reported with NOD32 and Office 2007 are somehow related to Vista. I still have various flavors of XP on my machines and absolutely no issues with NOD32 and Office 2007.

5. Blackspear

I will expand on what I said above; ESET are testing a version which will be fully compatible with Office 2007 and by the time it is released issues such as this will have been addressed.

6. TonyDownUnder

TonyDownUnder Registered Member

Thanks for the info Blackspear - I'll await the update.

I should just add that so far my experience has been that NOD32 has been one of the most Vista Compatible applications that I have running. Having said that, Vista is certainly very sensitive to anything that seeks low level system access.

7. Blackspear

You are welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.