DMON and Office SPs

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by twipley, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twipley

twipley Registered Member

I've got Office 2003, and NOD32 v2 with all protection modules activated.

Is there any need for me to upgrade to Office 2003 Service Pack 2 or SP3?
    Or is DMON sufficient for dealing with malware and Office Service Packs being obsolete because of its presence?

Any expert info would be appreciated.
    Thank you for your time. ;)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Not only DMON , but also AMON can deal with malicious content about MS Office . Office 2003 also has a kind of protection against macroses .

However , I recommend you install the newest possible SP for your Office . A Service Pack is not only security update but also program updates and fixes/improvements.

I personally update Windows very often and with everything but update my Offices only with the Service Packs . File infectors and threat trying to damage using MS Office things are extremely rare nowadays

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Macro viruses are rare, but Office documents carrying exploit code to download/drop malware is often used to breach business security.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I know . I am sorry , I wanted to say something like threat trying to do damage using MS Office add-ons or things like that , you know...

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.