DM 14 can't mount archive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by John2222, Nov 22, 2013.

1. John2222

John2222 Registered Member

I have DM 14 Suite edition (Windows 7 32bit). When I select an DM 12 archive, the "mount options" and "mount archive" buttons are greyed out.

How do I mount an existing archive?

2. CessPitts

CessPitts Registered Member

This one caught me out too, until I read the manual a little more closely, where it tells you that you need to be in partition view rather than just showing the archive list (ie. select Show Partitions, rather than Show all, from the second drop down above the list of archives). It does make sense when you think about it - you aren't mounting the whole archive, just an individual partition within it.

3. John2222

That is the most obscure finding possible. When I was in the archive mode list, it let me drill down to the folder/file I wanted to restore. But then when I click on "next" nothing happens.

So, I went to partition view as you suggested (Thank you!) and selected the appropriate partition, which then brought up the wizard, and I went to select the folder/file I wanted to restore. Again, when I click on "Next", NOTHING HAPPENS.

My only choice is "back" or "cancel".

What am I doing wrong?

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

please post a screen shot or multiples so we can see the issues you are having.

5. CessPitts

CessPitts Registered Member

Theoretically nothing, but HDM 14 has a fairly egregious bug that stops you from restoring using the method you're trying. Solution is to bring up the archive view, make sure it is showing partitions, right click on the partition you are looking to restore from and select 'Mount the Selected Archive...'. Supply a drive letter for the mounted drive and you can then treat it like any other partition on your box, restoring the files you're after using whatever method floats your boat (I used the command line but Windows Explorer might be your weapon of choice or indeed a file syncing tool or...)

6. John2222

See two attached screen shots. Note, after getting "How to Restore Files" window, when I click "next", nothing happens.

Attached Files:

7. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

8. John2222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.