Dll won't register

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by smurph, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smurph

smurph Registered Member

when I try to install spywareguard on the computer i get a message that says

Unable to register the "DLL/OCX: DllRegisterServer failed; code 0x8007005."
    I have tryed to fix this by manually registering it with regsvr32 and i get a failed return code 0x800004005. i have re-installed Wscript 5.6 and Visual Basic SP6 as well a re-downloading a fresh copy of spywareguard to no avail. I have insatlled this on a dozen computers at least and never had this happen. the program will run then crash after about 3 min with error code 429. HELP, Please

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi smurph, and welcome to the forum.

Could you try the MSCOMCTL.OCX Installer (missingfilessetup.exe) found in this post, under number (3)

This link -> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12266

And let us know if that helps.

Also, if you could tell us what your operating system is, that would be helpful too.

Regards,

snap

3. smurph

smurph Registered Member

snapdragin you are the man. It worked like a charm. Thanks

4. smurph

smurph Registered Member

OOps .... sorry that did not fix it. it still wont register. Problem not solved.....

5. smurph

smurph Registered Member

computer is running xp home sp2 with all updates. It was used by mom, dad, and 3 kids for 2 years on alwyas on cable modem with no protection not even a firewall. I spent 9 hours removing several dozen nasty programs including several hours editing registry, it could have been my doing. comp goes back today with sygate, spybot s&d with tea timer, spyblaster, Firefox (set as default), and I hope spyware Guard.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey smurph,

It appears via a few of your comments that your knowledgeable....but have to ask anyway.

On this Xp machine your working with....you do have Admin privligies when your attempting to register the DLL's ?

Also....considering some of the other comments you made...."2 years....cable modem....no protection not even a firewall"....any chance of starting all over with a clean machine ? I mean 9 hours in the registry is a long time....but wonder what else hasn't been uncovered ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.