DLL Trojans and NT Rootkits

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Nautilus, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi ch0pper, Have you heard of professional dsclosure? Please contact DCS with your results stating the test conditions and Process Guard's settings.

Thank you. Pilli

2. ch0pper

ch0pper Guest

sure can do this will make a test script up for you guy and email it in few days

if you need to email me @ themaskdemon@flashmail.com

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

ch0pper,
    Mate we have nothing against you (and likewise it seems you have nothing against us either) so we appreciate you keeping the discussion on a friendly level, but if you ever find what you think might be a vulnerability in any program, please do the right thing and email the vendor to let them know of your discovery.

But in regards to this statement...
    Sorry mate but I don't believe that's your reason for creating Hacker Defender. Rootkits are no walk-in-the-park to create - as you know they require 1) a somewhat intimate knowledge of system-level functions, as well as 2) the ability to develop kernel-mode drivers. To put this into perspective, we're the only anti-trojan company that has so far released any driver-based software and it doesn't seem like any of the other anti-trojan developers are capable of that, especially as many of them use compilers such as Delphi that are not capable of creating such drivers, so in my opinion you guys are actually more advanced programmers than the other anti-trojan developers, but why you use your skills for something as useless as a trojan rather than developing something useful that you could even sell is beyond me. Anyway, just something to consider ... :)

Cheers,
    Wayne

4. ch0pper

ch0pper Guest

i have nothing against you likewise it nothing u just got back from the usa
    Will talk will u for a some time cos it nice to see that you are have NO Attune
    are you guy uk base or usa ?
    cos im would love to talk or a beer some were in the uk then we could talk about lot of thing

any way the wife is call got to go to bed
    laterz

ch0pper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.