.dll files question

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by jpcummins, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I have the following files: CWINDOWS\system32\2009sfs_mtdse_localmon.dll and CWINDOWS\system32\2009sfs_mtdse_localui.dll. I have scanned them both with VirusTotal and JOTTI. Most but not all of the scanners indicate them as being clean. My installed security software: Symantec AntiVirus, SuperAntiSpyware and my on demand MBAM hasn't found anything. Any recommendations or suggestions will be most appreciated and I would thank you in advance.

John

2. Sher

Sher Registered Member

You are clean. Don't worry.

Still, if you're unsure, do a scan with Hitman Pro.

3. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Not a many hits on the net related to those files, but out of curiosity, the company Miralacid and there software, does this sounds familiar to you

4. jpcummins

De Hollander

To my knowledge I have not heard of the company Miralacid and there software. I believe I am okay but I am going to scan with Hitman Pro just as an extra step.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  5. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

The reason that I ask is that I found one site that mentions those files and there relations to Miralacid. Some sort of printer drivers.
    Does the file properties reveal anything.

6. jpcummins

De Hollander,

After taking advice from you and PROROOTECT I found that my tax program installed the ability to print 1099's. I don't know that much about computers but apparently the files are related to printer drivers. As I tend to panic at the hint of malware I feel a lot better now. Thank you so much for all of your assistance.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.