DLink DNS323 & Data Recovery

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TheKid7, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I have a DLink DNS323 (RAID1) and I had a strange experience today.

I downloaded Comodo Internet Security Beta today, checked the MD5 Sum to make sure there was no file corruption, and then transferred the file and folder to the DLink DNS323. I noticed when trying to access the file (i.e., right click, properties) that it was extremely slow (~1 minute). I deleted the file and folder which was also very slow (~1 minute). I copied the file and folder again to the DLink DNS323 with the same slow file access. I checked access to other files of similar size with no delays. I also restarted the DLink DNS323 and restarted my PC that I was using to access the DLink DNS323 and had the same slow file access after doing the restarts.

I also noticed that I could not access the DLink DNS323 using the DLink Search Tool. I was able to access the DLink Configuration Page by entering the DLink DNS323 IP address in the web browser.

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this problem? The first thing that comes to mind is a possible near future DLink DNS323 Hardware Failure.

If I do have a DLink DNS323 RAID1 Server Failure how would I go about transferring the data from one of the hard drives to another hard drive or a replacement RAID1 Server (Different Make/Model)? Would I have to use a Linux OS to access it since it is formatted EXT3?

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.