DivX Pro

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Rico, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi anyone know if "DivX Pro" is a pest or is it just another false positive by pest patrol. CA eTrust PestPatrol Finds this removes it then finds it again & again! Geez! Since CA took over it sure is a cubersome ackward prog.
    Two CLSID it finds for DivX Pro are:

{083863f170de11d06d4000a0c911ce86}
    and
    {cf49de0111511ceb03a0020afba770}

AdAware 6 SE & SpyBot 1.3 updated 1/25/05 don not find the above problem. Thanks Rico

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I use divx also and I have never been alerted to it as malware. I use several antispyware and anti adware and they don't flag it and my Kav with the extended bases doesn't either. It is probably a false positive by pest patrol.

bigc

3. securityuser

securityuser Guest

Noticed that myself. Must be a F/P

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Thanks Guys! Kind a thought it was an F/P knowing Pest Patrol. Which is now called e-trust Pest Patrol. I'm about ready to visit the via control panel > add/remove.

Thanks again
    rico

5. falst alarm detection is known to "PP".

6. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

Hi Rico, :rolleyes: I am a " newbie " to this site as of tonight and can tell you I have experienced the same issues with Pest Patrol. According to their Tech Support, DivX Pro meets Pest Patrols criteria as spyware. They say it displays ads and calls home from time to time. However, they say DivX is not malicious and to simply place it on the exclude list !! I have the CA 5.0 version which has detected several other false positives as well. Viewpoint Toolbar is another. Email their Tech Support. Right now I have 2 other false detections that I have submitted to them. I have noticed many members at this site complain of many FP detections as well. On a positive note the Tech Support is always willing to help ( from my experiences at least ) even though these detections are very frustrating !! :D Good Luck !

Hard Rocker !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.