Distributed Computing - Making use of your spare computing power

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Just started to FAH, and I am feeling better about myself now :D I wonder how long it takes to fold a protein? I will leave it running all night and tomorrow and see what is happening :thumb:

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hello Alphalutra1,

That's GREAT news, it sure is a wonderful feeling, to know your making a difference! I finished a WU on Sunday (500) took about 3 days. As I type this I'm working on Tryptophan the screensaver said 6 days & change, that one is (250) I'm currently at 35/250. Also I have chosen, to accept projects 5mb or larger (see connection tab) also I choose not to use Scrensaver, I fold all the time (see Display tab), this is a hyper-threading machine so I can get away with it. and finally I give 100% (see advanced tab).

ctrl+alt+del shows FahCore_78.exe using 109,268 k

Thanks & Take Care
    Rico

3. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

I finished it a 7:22 in the morning, which is about 9 hours for one WU, which is pretty good since it is running at 50% and everything. I also have it as a service, so it is constantly running. I may up it to a higher CPU usage later. It is running very smooth so far.

Maybe we could have a wilderssecurity team eh :D That would be great and we could even compete with Castlecops since I know they have a team

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

I would be more concerned about the corporate use of the data being created freely by our machines than the security risks of FAH.

6. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.