Distorted Line on Monitor

Discussion in 'hardware' started by WilliamP, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

My wife is complaining to me that there is a line across her monitor. It only happens when she is scrolling the image. It is about 3/4th's inch. In that line the image is distorted. Of course my system does the same thing. I had just re-installed the system so she feels like something is wrong. Soon as you stop scrolling there is no distortion. Is it something that can't be eliminated?

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

WilliamP, perhaps details on the monitor specs (manufacturer, model, size, type, etc.) could assist members in helping you.

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

The system is Win.7 64 bit. The monitor is a Samsung SMP1980ER, the video card is an ATI Radion HD 5700 Series.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

The browser itself may play a role too. Some have smooth scrolling and others not so smooth.
    And maybe what browser plugins and addons that are used, if any.

When there is a lot of Flash content on a website it tends to slow things down on older systems, with less RAM, and/or old graphics, own experience. :)

And does it happen on ALL websites, or only on a few or...

5. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Maybe I am confused but if it does the same thing on two computers (assuming with two different monitors), then not sure there is a problem.

6. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Is it browser specific? Or is across all browsers?

If it's present in different browsers with different engines. Then do you have any security or ad blocking programs that affect these browsers?

If it's none of the above. Then one more educated guess is dirty power going to the monitors.

If not those then a quirky hardware problem that affects both. My least favorite choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.