Disspy results

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by toploader, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi Erik and Top,

It's not running in real time, only at Boot, but Very comprehensive and alerts me to all sorts of things no other App ever does !

The Post Check should have installed to the Start, but anyway it should be in your Programs list on Start etc. If not make a shortcut from Program Files to your desktop or a Quick Lauch.

I know you're gonna love it as much as i do too !

StevieO

2. toploader

toploader Registered Member

cheers StevieO :)

btw - ther's no post check option anywhere but i do have a quick check icon in the start and program

3. toploader

well i'm having some fun today - i installed the watcher program and also installed installspy what a mistake that was! - it's supposed to check your system for changes so i checked most of the boxes to monitor events and off it went. it produced a gigantic html file which probably would have taken 3 months to load. my hard disk was thrashing away merrily - after 15 minutes of waiting for the report i decided to end the task but task manager crashed with an error. everything else was locked out - in the end after repeated attempts i managed to close the file. and decided to reboot - the machine would not shutdown - in the end i had to manually power off. when it came back up i decided to run spyware scans. AdAware found nothing - Bazooka found nothing and then i ran Disspy - well since my last Disspy scan yesterday it's found a further 3 items!

Component: dsktopsurveil
    C:\WINDOWS\iun6002.exe
    File Size: 720 KB
    Last Accessed: 09/22/2005 12:47:10 PM
    File Description: SUF60Runtime
    File Version: 6.00.01.04

Component: 2Search
    Registry Key:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Component Categories\{7DD95801-9882-11CF-9FA9-00AA006C42C4}

Component: AdBlaster
    Files:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Mswinsck.ocx
    File Size: 106.69 KB
    Last Accessed: 04/26/2004 4:40:00 PM
    File Description: Microsoft Winsock Control DLL
    File Version: 6.00.89.88

now where have these come from!?

any ideas what's going on here?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2005
  4. toploader

come to think of it the watcher did report an additional svchost on bootup 4->5 and it reported an additional reg entry. there is something mighty fishy going on here and i'm NOT talking tuna surprise!

5. toploader

hey wait just a cotton picking minute thar boy!

iun6002.exe - that's the very same varmint that Erik found with his first scan only now it's showing up in my box! but it wern't thar yesterday according to Disspy - this is getting to be mighty strange? i'm a gonna fix me some vittles while i ponder on this perculiar predicament!

and i got iun3405.exe too belonging to none other than indigo rose!? me thinks i need to get Lt Columbo on the case!

6. toploader

does anyone know what Mswinsck.ocx does and whether it's safe to delete it?

7. dog

dog Guest

8. toploader

thanks dog - now all i gotta do is figure out why all of a sudden it's getting flagged - either that critter was there yesterday and not flagged for some reason or it's been added today - looks like it's not a system file though - just one of those visual basic thingumejigs i know sweet fa about - this is all mighty mighty strange :D

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would definetly take each one of those items you are concerned about one at a time and make sure of your findings before having to much heart burn.

Take a look at this thread concerning Suf60runtime\iun6002.exe

10. toploader

thanks for the link bubba - i find it very strange that Disspy didn't report on it yesterday but is now. i do wonder if installspy did install some spyware or whether it's all a rather peculiar coincidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.