disks not formatted, well, not really

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by wheels, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheels

wheels Registered Member

Did some resizing and creating of partitions on my laptop to attempt dual boot of Win7 and Linux. Since PM wouldn't create reiserfs partitions, I left them at ext4. After formatting to reiserfs and installing Linux, PM shows the disks as unformatted and Boot Manager is no longer working. What gives?

2. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

yes it deleted the windows bootmanager
    download hiren boot cd
    http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
    burn to disk then boot with it. on the main menu there will be a option to boot windows 7. select it

3. wheels

wheels Registered Member

Thanks, Spooony, I got the Win7 problem resolved, but the two problems remaining have me stumped, and nervous. First, what's with PM and recognizing the Reiserfs partitions? Second, Lilo is now the bootloader, no more PM bootloader. When I did the Linux install, I did choose to have Lilo installed in the MBR. However, last time I tried this, a Windows Update borked the whole machine, causing much pain.

Maybe I'll just keep a Windows Recovery CD handy.

But what happened to PM?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.