Diskpart clean command on TrueCrypt disk

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by omfgz, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

I know little or nothing about the aspects of truecrypt. But the first tenant of data recovery is to do no harm and run no utilities until the disk is imaged. Then you work off the copy.

In this case I'd just wait till expert help returns. Hopefully no damage was done by what you were doing..

2. C4lvin

C4lvin Registered Member

Hey, my issue still exists but i would like to format the drive and put it to use again, if it is not possible/probable to recover the data from the truecrypt volume.
    thank you anyways!
    C4lvin

3. TYC

TYC Registered Member

Hello Dantz,

I have experienced similar incidence as this member did where I accidentally used DISKPART CLEAN and cleaned my TC partition instead of my USB thumb drive. I followed your instructions from the beginning until where I successfully mounted the test file. I have literally pulled some hair off my head tonight being so desperate. I would appreciate your help so much if you could teach me from where you left left off in the thread above. Specifically: "If your password is accepted then a brief cheer is in order, as this would mean that you've found an intact backup header. (In this case the next steps will involve determining the size of the original partition, saving it as a file, restoring its header, mounting it in TrueCrypt and exploring its contents using data-recovery software.)." I anxiously for your kind reply and hope to hear back from you soon.

4. TYC

TYC Registered Member

Hi Dantz,

After trying mounting the partition 5 times, each time TC stated my password was wrong or it was not a TC volume, it miraculously mounted. This was the post I found online that encouraged me to keep trying to mount it: http://ensenso.blogspot.ca/2013/11/diskpart-clean-command-wipes-truecrypt.html. I hope this would be helpful to others who accidentally did DISKPART CLEAN on their TC partition.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.