DiskImage and Dell Media Direct 3.3

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Trexster, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexster

Trexster Registered Member

I recently had a problem with my Dell laptop and under instructions from their tech support finally had to delete all partitions and reinstall the operating system, drivers and programs manualy (not using the factory restore image).

I have now discovered after many hours spent getting everything back installed that Dell did not have me first partition the hard drive and install Dell Media direct. Dell MediaDirect is on some kind of a hidden partition.

I have taken my current installation and made an image with ATI 11.

Does anyone happen to know if it is possible to use the Dell Media direct partitioning software to repartion the hard drive (losing all data) and then install the disk image that I made back into the main partition.

Thanks

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That should work.

Since you have the TI image, you can always wipe the drive of the Media Direct partition and restore it to where you are now if the restore after Media Direct fails. However, I'm quite sure you will be successful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.