Diskeeper update

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by twl845, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I am using Diskeeper Home 2007, and noticed an update is available, and installed it. It is ver. 11.50.0.42619 build 693. I can't find anything that states what the update is. Can anyone fill me in? A short time after the update, I noticed that my floppy disk goes on for two or three seconds for no apparent reason. When I boot up I count it flipping on 6 times during the boot up, once for every icon that shows up in the sys tray. It also clicks on when certain functions activate, like incoming mail. I checked my NOD32 and that's not it. I have Disket unchecked as a target in scanning, because there's never anything in the drive. The floppy disk drive never did that with the previous version of DK. I checked the options in DK, and I can't see anything that would make my Floopy drive activate periodically. Does anyone have an idea?
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ah my floopy drive does that at startup as well.
    it just randomly gets accessed and flashes
    i wondered what was causing it.
    maybe someone needs to contact diskeeper about it
    at least we have now got two people having the same problem.
    i have only justed got diskeeper 2007 pro.
    lodore
  3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

lodore. The question is accessed by what for what. I don't think it has any adverse effect on anything, but it's annoying. I am a perfectionist and little things that aren't supposed to happen but do erk me.:p
  4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i dont think it has any bad things happern here eiether but the floppy drive noise is annoying keep going on and off at randoml times.
    most people dont have a floopy drive so wouldnt know
    lodore
  5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

lodore - I have discovered that during boot up, as each icon in the sys tray loads, the A drive clicks on. For me thats 6 times every boot up. It will do that every so often when certain things access. I shot a note to DK support and I'm waiting. I mentioned that you have it too. Why don't you send a note too. It might get them moving. ;)
  6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

did you give a link to this thread?
    i might email them later
    lodore
  7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

lodore - click "about" in your DK and click support.
  8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

lodore - I got a response from DK. They are aware of the bug and will send a fix when they get it right. :p
  9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

wahoo!
    lodore
  10. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I can't believe we're the only 2 people with the problem. Or are we the only 2 people with a floppy disk drive? I expected at least a few more responses from other folks who did the update.
  11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

you would think there are more people.
    but most people dont have floopy drives:D
    the floopy drive was in the price and woul only save like £1 to not have it so i kept it lol
    lodore
  12. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

lodore - DK has issued an update to build 698 which as far as I can tell Fixed the problem. Just go to the update window and do the update. That has to be the quickest response I've ever gotten from a company. I hope it's really fixed.
  13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i will update it tonight
    thanks
    diskeeeper are pretty good with replys
    lodore
  14. kickwormJoe

kickwormJoe Registered Member

hi all. i came here through a google search. i'm currently evaluating diskeeper 2007 and i'm having the same issue w/ dk accessing the floppy drive at random times. did the update [build 698] get rid of the problem?

edit: oh yeah. do you guys find the I-FAAST thing useful?
  15. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

kickwormjoe -Yes
  16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i onlu use the pro version so i dont have ifasst2.0
    lodore
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.