Diskeeper 2008 (build 12.0.781):

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by NICK ADSL UK, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Changes in Diskeeper 2008 (build 12.0.781):

Fixed a flaw that caused a minor error message when the Diskeeper Service was shutdown (e.g. when shutting down the system). This error did not stop Diskeeper from functioning. (introduced in build 770)
    Improvement to I-FAAST to better process files in the same folder, that are frequently deleted and recreated under the same file name.
    Included support for correctly processing wildcards in the Diskeeper file exclusion list. Also fixed a couple of minor bugs related to file exclusion list.
    Made enhancements to the News and Information feature to send info more appropriate to the user's location and the product edition used.
    Removed displaying an error message when News and Information feature is unable to connect to a Diskeeper News Server. A message is now logged in the Event Log when this occurs. (introduced in build 770). This error did not stop Diskeeper from functioning.
    Boot-time defragmentation is disabled in Windows Vista SP1 and Windows 2008, due to a feature incompatibility on those operating systems / service packs. A correction in a future update (coming soon) will re-enable the feature.

Please note that this update is available via the internal update on the software which will then take you to the update site

Please do not uninstall your previous version when updating your software. The update relies on a previous install to confirm that you own the Diskeeper Corporation product before installation can proceed

2. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

In general, do I need defragmentation so often as diskeeper provides?

I mean when I was trialling diskeeper, boot into windows and start browsing, after a while diskeeper starts automatic defragmentation of my hard drives. Do I need this process all the time active on my system or its more or less the same gain if I set it once per week overnight with other alternatives?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.