Diskeeper 11 vs PerfectDisk 8?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by dja2k, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Do you recommend one more than the other and have you noticed any improvements using UltimateDefrag over PD? I'm currently a PD user and just wondering if it's worth switching to Ultimatedefrag.

Also for us FD-ISR users.....what exclusions or modifications were needed to make UltimateDefrag compatible with FD-ISR?

Thanks.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I also am a PD user. I did try UD, and my intial reaction was they were neat products, but on further testing, I found it really didn't gain me anything, so I stayed with Perfect Disk, and am quite pleased with it.

Pete

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Interesting Pete. I narrowed my choices to the 3 most revered. PD does indeed do a nice job of file placement but leaves me little more to sharpen my platter.

Ultimate DiskTrix on the other hand is indeed slower but heres that trade-off for me. UD has so many more "OPTIONS" to super-customize file placements and the like , "PLUS" offers me a REALISTIC overview of my disc as well as individual blocks that you can point&click to reveal what it is. In addition, UD's defrag lasts longer than the others, not by a whopping margin, but i do a lot of work on the PC and it's still zooming away at blazing speed whereas the others seem to slowly degrade. Might be my imagination i dunno, but thats the impression it offers me so far.

Now comes DiskKeeper, this one although sufficent enough i suppose, it leaves me something more to be desired and also it has a tenacious tendency to nausiate me by accessing the floppy frequently while the service is running in the background untill i finally have to close it just to keep some peace and quiet. :D

Conclusion: I will wait for a newer PD but untill then Ultimate Disk wins my favor for now and my computer is never run better/quicker.

4. Jibse

Jibse Registered Member

I have finished my testing of UD. Good for the possibility of placement of the files where you want and for the GUI of the hard drive, but the defragmentation is slow (curiously, even if the disk is very little fragmented). For the launching of my applications, I didn't notice an improvement by comparison with DK. The feature I like very much with DK is the real-time defragmentation (in the last version) or the set-it and forget-it function (in the version 10). If UD had this function, I will probably choose it, in particular because it is demanding less for free space.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Well for me it was kind of simple. Already have 3 licensed copy's of PD. UD was slower, and the place of files just wasn't an issue, when you are only using 5% of the disk.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I excluded the $ISR folder, although I have not asked if that indeed is the right folder.

7. toasale

toasale Registered Member

:thumb: PD is THE leader - no ?'s asked ! :thumb:

8. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

thats your experience and others,mine is different both the analize and defrag with UD is faster by a great margin dare to say,i have both PD and UD,its a real revelation to see how UD speed things up,maybe the many options and the big usermanual scares some people away,but i would say take your time,investigate to your hearts content and than you can see what this stuff can really do for u.Like Peter i have almost empty drives ( 8 % ) but placed my Photoshop and databases at the outerrim,everything related to photoshop and Imatch stays there,all other stuff reside at the innercore,and O boy thats make a difference,its easy as that.

9. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

realize i am way off topic Diskeeper vs Perfectdisk Sorry Guys !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.