Disk scaling?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Fox2, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox2

Fox2 Registered Member

It would be very helpful if the next version of Disk Director had a scale option for the disk partition graphical display.

What I'd like would be 3 scale options for the graphical bars, since disks vary massively in size:

1. "Show all disks same size" - a 100 GB and 500 GB disk will both be shown using the full width of the window
    2. "Use linear scale" - if the largest disk in a system is 500 GB then a 100 GB disk would be shown using 1/5 of the width of the window.
    3. "Use logarithmic scale" - Allows a 10 GB and 750 GB disk to both be shown more helpfully on the window. Logarithmic scaling allows DD to show the one disk as larger than the other (which is intuitively useful), without either showing both as the same size graphically, or showing the 10 GB disk so small that its partitions can't be seen.

I miss this feature!

Last, is there any chance of a built-in S.M.A.R.T. viewer for the disks, so right clicking on a drive shows the menu as "clear / advanced / SMART / properties" or something? :) I'm sure this would be useful!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Fox2,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Thank you once again for your suggestions. I will forwarded your suggestion to the appropriate person in Acronis Development Team and we will certainly take it into consideration for the next version of Acronis Disk Director.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. Fox2

Fox2 Registered Member

And thank you too, for the replies on various threads :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.